Upperville, VA 20184
North of the Village of Upperville on the eastern slope and piedmont of the Blue Ridge Mountains, lies the 1511 Acre historic estate of Cleremont Farm. In Loudoun County’s magnificent estate and horse country, with neighboring farms such as, Aryshire, Llangollen, Newstead and Trappe Hill Farm, this is beautiful farmland, also recognized as prime horse land. In an area with Olympic Riders, Polo Fields, the Upperville Horse Show and the Piedmont Hunt, riding trails are maintained on this property.
Cleremont Farm, G.P. has received National, as well as Local Awards. Being true stewards of the land and water, the owners have diligently worked, exercising Best Management Practices to create a healthy environment, which in turn has produced an award winning cattle farm.
Cleremont Farm is an assemblage of three contiguous farms (Cleremont, Ross and Bellefields) placed in easement with Virginia Outdoors Foundation. From Trappe Road, the Ross Farm runs west past fenced fields up the Blue Ridge Mountains to Blue Ridge Mountain Road, providing an eastern slope with elevations of 600’- 1700’. A stately Georgian-style home designed by architect Billy Dew and built in 1993 is sited high on the slope of the Blue Ridge where one enjoys spectacular views. Cleremont is on the east side of Trappe Road with wonderful fields, Jeffries Branch, 3 ponds and a Federal-style manor house, listed on the Historic Register, c. 1820. The bucolic setting, for this historic home is heightened by majestic trees and a long drive entering past 2 serene ponds. This charming 4-bedroom home offers gracious room sizes and spectacular views in all directions. To the back and side of this home is a 25’ x 50’ swimming pool, original Patent House (now guest house), c. 1760, office, 3 car garage and beautiful gardens. The third farm Bellefields offers a 3 bedroom tenant house, hay barns, fenced fields, riding trails and a significant stand of hardwoods easily accessed by a private section of Piney Swamp Road. This portion of the farm is adjacent to Newstead Farm.
CLEREMONT FARM OFFERS:
- Residences include a Historic Manor House, Second Manor House, 3 Tenant Houses and Patent house, c. 1760
- Outbuildings include a farm office, garages, 14 stall barn, machine shop and hay barns
- Pristine water from natural springs, including Jeffries Branch, 3 ponds and wetlands, is protected by 4.5 miles of fencing
- Water is supplied to all fields with spring-fed or energy-free water troughs piped from existing wells
- 130 acres of riparian buffers for wildlife habitat are protected with wildlife friendly fences
- 33 mixed grass pastures, where cattle are rotated often allowing pastures to rest 20-30 days
- During the past year, 500 head of cattle grazed until February, requiring only 400 bales of hay during the year.
- 1,000 acres of hardwood forest – 400 acres of which comprise the largest flatland timber stand in the county. The trees are managed on a 20 to 25 year rotation.
- 2 miles of interior roads provide access to homes and fields
- Wildlife include wild turkey, grouse, dove, fox, deer, bobcats, geese, duck, black bear and bald eagles
- Riding trails, hiking trails, beautifully managed fields and ponds have created a retreat with tremendous opportunities for riding, fishing, hiking, hunting and bird watching
- A hunter’s paradise
Cleremont is extraordinary, and thoughtfully cared for by 3 generations of the current owner’s family dedicated to creating a healthy environment for all of its inhabitants. With its convenience to Washington, D.C., Dulles International Airport, and the Interstates of I-81 and I-66, the options afforded by this farm with its size and different terrains are unparalleled in this area.
MLS#:LO10307578 Price: $15,000,000
For more information please contact: John Coles (540) 270-0094
Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
THOMAS AND TALBOT REAL ESTATE
A Staunch Supporter of Land Easements
LAND AND ESTATE AGENTS SINCE 1967
MIDDLEBURG, VA 20118
TELEPHONE: (540) 687-6500
Offers subject to errors, omissions, change of price or withdrawal without notice. Information contained herein is deemed reliable, but not so warranted nor is it otherwise guaranteed.