Montpellier, on the edge of the “écusson” as the city’s historic centre is known. This exceptional reception apartment is in one of Montpellier’s finest private mansions built in 1864 by architect Jean CASSAN who also designed Saint Roch and Saint Anne churches as well as the “Halles Castellane”. A glazed Eiffel-inspired conservatory leads to a magnificent living/reception room boasting its original frescos and Louis XV style plasterwork representing musical instruments and figurines from Greek mythology.A dining room boasting sculptured mahogany paneling opens onto a peaceful near 130 sqm private garden, delightfully cool on hot summer days. The apartment also includes a modern equipped kitchen, a study, and two bedrooms including a complete suite.Accessed by the main entrance, a second self-contained apartment as superbly appointed and decorated as the main apartment includes a living room, a kitchen, and a bedroom with a bathroom. The ensemble has been exceptionally preserved and renovated.