On Brookside Avenue sits a storybook Cape Cod home familiar to many admirers of the wisteria covered arbor that lines the perimeter of this early 20th century South Wayne property. The enchanting gardens have the original stone pathways bordered with many specimen plantings, the original stone lighthouse which overlooks what used to be the front of the property, and the peaceful sound from the babbling brook. Commissioned by Lewis K. Brooke in 1908, architect George U. Rehfuss designed the home as an exact replica of Brooke's brother's neighboring home. Some of the original features include French doors with leaded glass transoms, soft coved ceilings, original hardwood floors, and a glass enclosed veranda with an open rough stone wood-burning fireplace. The home's old world charm was recently enhanced with a complete exterior restoration. The home received an additional front dormer, a new 30-year shingle roof and a metal roof over the front porch, a front walkway with landscaping and lighting, a new entryway with portico trimmed in brownstone from the original kitchen fireplace, and a fresh earth-tone paint finish. The interior received a custom renovation with a beautiful new foyer and open staircase, a new powder room and completely updated full bathroom, new and refinished hardwood floors, all new electrical and lighting, new Anderson windows, a luxurious well-appointed Craftsman style kitchen, and a breakfast room with slider to the new deck. Walk to Wayne, the Radnor Trail and Encke Park. Radnor Schools.