Mendocino, CA, US
44760 Rosewood Terrace
Located in Surfwood IV just north of the village of Mendocino, craftsmanship and views are at the core of this custom-built residence. Almost an acre of landscaped grounds designed by noted landscape architect, Peggy Quaid, surround the home, while inside, captivating views of the ocean and headlands from nearly every room. The well-planned entertainer’s kitchen features maple cabinetry, granite countertops and high-end appliances; while wide hallways and doorways, solid cherry and maple HW floors with radiant heating and a stunning 1st floor master suite make single-level living a breeze. Completing this two-story home are two spacious guest bedrooms with full baths, an office and a library. But the true “jewel” is the art/craft studio for a creative retreat to inspire the artist wi
Includes a custom-made jeweler's bench; solid wood cabinetry, storage, and bookshelves; granite/Corian countertops; and a sink.
The established landscaping surrounding this Rosewood Terrace residence features gravel paths in the front and rear; two Meyer lemon trees; two magnolias; several types of maple trees; rhododendrons; Australian tea trees; lavenders; Mexican sage; and other deer and drought resistant plantings. Retreat to the gated and fenced backyard, complete with four raised planter beds for flowers and/or vegetables; a greenhouse; and multiple mature fruit trees (a golden delicious, a Fuji apple, and a cherry tree). The landscaping features a programmable watering system allows for environmentally-conscious ease of maintenance.
- Surfwood IV community, association-maintained roads and a reliable community water system, the house features;
- Built 1995 by widely respected Allen S. Booth;
- Two on-demand gas fireplaces (one in the living room/dining room area, and one in the master bedroom);
- Plenty of storage and built-ins cabinets;
- Heated towel racks;
- All walls and ceilings plaster finished;
- Extensive wall space and display areas for showcasing fine art and craft;
- Fresh air ventilation and AC systems;
- Hardwired for smoke detectors and alarm system;
- On-demand Generac generator;
- Hardie board siding;
- Hardi shakes 50-year roof;
- Attached two-car garage with workshop area and extensive custom-built storage cabinets;
- Front and backyard irrigation system.
Special-Commissioned Artisan Touches Unique to this home:
- One-of-a-kind glue-chipped and sand-blast-carved clear glass entry door surround designed and created by Sonoma glass artist Vincent Taylor, who also created the matching bar counter;
- Beautifully, uniquely angled cherry hardwood staircase reflecting the octangular marble and granite-floored entry area, with balcony overlooking the public space on the main floor, designed and executed by local woodworking artist Bradley Harris;
- Hand applied subtle "old plaster" finish on most interior walls, by former local resident artists Dan and Maria Levin of Chimera Interior Surface Arts;
- Wall murals by former Mendocino resident artist David Gregory;
- Custom-made figured maple entertainment center and lighted glass cabinet/room divider by local woodworking artist Steve Porter;
- Built-in custom-made bookcases and cabinetry by Lee Josephs;
- Original Poulsen white "artichoke" entry chandelier;
- Custom-designed lighting throughout.