The Medicean Villa dating back to 1500, the Palazzo was used as main residence of one Florence’s most important families. This Prestigious Tuscan Estate of 365 hectares with Manor Villa dating back 1500 with annexed “Tinaia” now completely restored to the standard of a 5 Star luxury Hotel and 7 farmhouses to be restored. GEOGRAPHIC POSITION AND HISTORYThe area around Empoli, inhabited ever since the Palaeolithic, has witnessed the passage of many civilisations and different cultures, among which we mention Romans, who built a beautiful villa located in the city centre, and Etruscans who created a small cemetery with their characteristic tombs. During barbaric hordes of the V and VI Centuries the major part of the population left off the town to live on the hills, where a thick web of military structure and fortresses, some of which are still admirable, was created.It is in one of these panoramic hillsides that is set this Villa dating back to XVI Century with tinaio and annexes.DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGSThe Medicean villa (2,992 sqm ndash; 32,211 sqft), dating back to the 16th century, the Palazzo was used as a main residence of one Florencersquo;s most important families. It was used as the masterrsquo;s accommodation on the first floor and in the small tower and as cellar and oil mill on the ground level. On the attic floor there were some rooms used for wheat storage. Now completely restored to the standard of a 5-star luxury hotel.The manor villa is composed as follows: the whole lower ground floor is occupied by the Hall, reception room, offices, a large lounge with arched ceiling, ideal to create a Spa or an indoor pool; professional kitchen and several rooms. On the raised ground floor, reachable by downstairs, but with access from the main entrance as well, we find the central majestic lounge with frescoes and coffered ceiling. The floor is all in original terracotta tiles dating back to the 16th century. From the lounge open four doors on the right leading respectively to: a lounge with two windows and with a door opening into the garden, passageway, professional kitchens ( four rooms in total) and to and backstairs. The four doors on the left lead instead to a lounge with one window, to the private chapel( with two windows), to a large passageway with access to the toilets and to outside, two suites ( one of them equipped for handicapped guests) and staircase with lift. The first floor has been already divided into eight large suites ( comprising bedroom, large bathroom with shower and bath tub, living-room, dressing room and a smaller bathroom) four of which with mezzanine floor. In the tower has been created a large suite divided into: large bedroom with bathroom on suite, living-room, smaller bedroom and two smaller bathrooms.The nextdoor Tinaia all set on the ground floor, has been divided into nine additional suites.The vinaio (723 sqm ndash; 7,784 sqft) is set around the main villa as all the other outbuildings. Currently being restored, it will become a luxury guest house of the hotel.The farmhouse (283 sqm ndash; 3,046 sqft) is laid out onto two floors and was once inhabited bu the farmers of the estate. The loggia (182 sqm ndash; 1,959 sqft) is on a single floor instead and was used as a tithe barn, storage for tools and stable.The palazzo (1027 sqm ndash; 11,061 sqft) is an old construction set on three levels and used as cellar and rooms for agricultural use on the lower ground floor and private accommodation on the ground and first floor.The terraia (538 sqm ndash; 5,790 sqft) is disposed on three floors and was built for agricultural use as all the other constructions set around it.The country house (333 sqm ndash; 3,584 sqft) is a typical Tuscan-styled building on two levels internally linked by an old staircase. The ground floor was a cellar. The first floor was inhabited by local farmers.The cellar (535 sqm ndash; 5,758 sqft) is used for wine production of the ground floor and as a farmer's accommodation on the first floor. This building has recently been restored.Two stables (568 sqm ndash; 6,113 sqft) and a tower (498 sqm ndash; 5,360 sqft) complete the property.EXTERNAL AREAThe property includes a wide piece of land of 365 hectares, 60 of which is a vineyard producing a delicate white IGT wine called Galestro. An excellent olive grove extends for about 33 hectares. The rest of the land is divided between fit for seed (45 hectares) and wood (218 hectares).