Pasadena, CA, USA
695 Columbia Street
"Mi Sueo" was designed by Bertram Goodhue in 1916 for Herbert and Georgina Coppell. A revival of the Spanish colonial style with the imaginative interpretation of neo-classicism. Originally built on the bank of the Arroyo. The original estate property had a Grand Avenue address until it was divided in the 1950's. 695 Columbia became the "South Wing". The North Wing has an Arroyo entrance and the original now restored Carriage House has the original Grand address. In California Goodhue was much better known for large public buildings like the campus plan for the California Institute of Technology, Mudd Laboratory, Kerkoff Biology laboratory and the Los Angeles Public Library. Internationally, he was known for university chapels and cathedrals. When the property was divided the "South Wing" had the original living room and The northern property had the formal dining room. The original entry and staircase was removed. The tiled roof one the South Wing was removed and replaced with a flat roof so the properties were distinctive. The current owners added the remodeled kitchen, powder room, family room and loft area now used as an office.This addition was done by noted architect David Serrurier. This beautiful formal residence captures the spirit of a Spanish country villa of the Renaissance.
> View additional property information and more photos